|First appearance:||Conker's Bad Fur Day (2001)|
|Eyes:||Black (hidden behind sunglasses)|
|Character type:||Non-Playable Character
Conker's Bad Fur Day
Don Weaso is a minion of the Panther King who kidnaps Berri halfway through the game and sends her to the Prehistoric Era. He appears when Conker is sent to his office by the Rock Solid bouncer after the latter caught him trying to make off with Don Weaso's money (possibly indicating he owns the club), the Don was in the middle of a meeting between his mafia lackeys, and beats Paulie to death for not respecting him. He then gives Conker a job to do for him, which is wiping out the Uga-Bugas in the cave by raising the lava with a bomb, after Conker does this, Don Weaso is not seen again until later in the game.
Don Weaso later appears in the Heist chapter of the game where he sends Conker and Berri out on another job to break into the Feral Reserve Bank and replenish his funds. This was however a trap set up by the Panther King who wanted to get close enough to Conker to turn him into a table leg. Don Weaso then appears in the vault with the Panther King and violently shoots Berri to death. When Heinrich bursts out of the Panther King's stomach, Don Weaso runs behind the throne and disappears. Don Weaso's fate was possibly being sucked into space with Professor von Kripplespac, along with the remains of the Panther King and Berri. It is unknown if this really happened.
Don Weaso additionally appears in the Multiplayer Heist game (N64 only). He gives the 4 players (his weasel lackeys) instructions on how to win the game: By running and finding the center of the bank, grabbing the bag of money, and running back to their safe exit of the bank. He will take the winner of the game out for drinks as well as implying that he promoted the winning player to be his "number one guy" for the success, while the loser's feet will be in a block of cement as they are dropped into a pool of water.
- Don Weaso is based on Don Vito Corleone from The Godfather.
- His execution of Paulie was a reference to a scene from The Untouchables.
- The run of Don Weaso is a parody of Alien.
- He strongly resembles the characters Smarty and Greasy from Roger Rabbit, in that they are evil weasels who pursue the hero for a more powerful evil character.
- In the scene where he meets Conker, there was originally going to be a sequence where a Pikachu approaches his area of the desk, he then attempts to lure the Pikachu over to him and then tries to whack the Pokémon with his baseball bat, only to miss and have it get away, and then proceeds to apologize to Conker for interrupting himself, while also making a dark reference to the tagline for the Pokémon franchise before remembering he was going to threaten Conker with cement shoes. According to Chris Seavor, it was removed at Nintendo's request because they "weren't too keen on having their baby bashed", although the data was still present in the game.
- The same scene also revealed the specific reason why Don Weaso bludgeoned Paulie to death besides his showing no respect. Specifically, Paulie had been embezzling Don Weaso's "dough" behind his back, and in fact, he was the most recent person to do so before Conker was brought before him upon being caught by the bouncer trying to leave with the cash.
Notes and references
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QvjAcjLAQXk (2:25)
- ↑ https://twitter.com/conkerhimself/status/64621724066516992
"Ah yes, the Pokemon tail ! That was part of a cutscene we had to cut.Nintendo weren't too keen on having their baby bashed ;)"
- ↑ https://youtu.be/QvjAcjLAQXk?t=135
Don Weaso: Ah yeah... tryin' to steal my dough, would you? Y'know what happened to the last guy who tried to do that? // Conker: Ahh... I don't think I need free guesses. // Don Weaso: No. You saw what happened. [referring to his then-recent execution of Paulie]